Documents on this site require Acrobat Reader. Please visit Adobe's web site to download this free plug-in.
Copies of the reports listed below may be obtained by contacting the office at 517.373.8080 or contacting Kathryn Bateson.
Questions on the following documents should be directed to Robin Risko, Fiscal Analyst for the Judiciary budget.
Key Documents and Links
Current Budget Bill Summaries
- Summary: Executive Recommendation
- Decision Document - Part 1 Appropriations
- Decision Document - Part 2 Boilerplate
- Traffic Citation Revenue Memorandum [382K], October 27, 2016. Prepared by Robin Risko, Senior Fiscal Analyst. This memorandum outlines the distribution of funds from traffic citations issued in Michigan.
- Justice System Fund Overview Memoradum [239K], October 27, 2016. Prepared by Robin Risko, Senior Fiscal Analyst. This memorandum discusses the Justice System Fund (JSF) created by Public Act 97 of 2003, MCL 600.181, to simplify the assessment, collection, and distribution of monetary obligations imposed in criminial cases.
- Civil Filing Fee Fund Memorandum [236K], October 12, 2016. Prepared by Robin Risko, Senior Fiscal Analyst. This memorandum discusses the Civil Filing Fee Fund that was created by Public Act 138 of 2003 (MCL 600.171) to consolidate a variety of previously assessed fees and their respective funds in one location. Revenue is derived from civil filing fees designated by law for deposit into the fund.
- Drug Treatment Courts and Swift and Sure Sanctions Programs [112K], September 18, 2012. Prepared by Erik Jonasson. This memorandum summarizes the current state of drug treatment courts and drug treatment court funding in Michigan, as well as a brief summary of Swift and Sure Sanction programs. This includes descriptions of the courts, current funding practices, and estimates of the short and long term savings related to a successfully run drug treatment court.
- Fiscal Forum: Indigent Defense Review [227K], prepared by Erik Jonasson, Fiscal Analyst, July 31, 2012. This Fiscal Forum discusses Indigent Defense Review.