Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
Documents on this site require Acrobat Reader. Please visit Adobe's web site to download this free plug-in.
Copies of the reports listed below may be obtained by contacting the office at 517.373.8080 or contacting Kathryn Bateson.
Questions on the following documents should be directed to Marcus Coffin Fiscal Analyst for the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.
Key Documents and Links
Current Appropriation Bill Summaries
- Summary: Executive Recommendation
- Summary: As Reported by the House Sucbcommittee
- Line Item Decision Document
- Boilerplate Decision Document
- Historical Analysis of the Corporation Fees Fund [219K], Prepared by Paul Holland, Senior Fiscal Analyst, December 15, 2015. This memo provides a brief description of the relevant functions of the department and an overview of the revenues for, expenditures from, and balances of the Fund.
- LARA Expenditures for and Utilization of the Michigan Business One Stop Website - REVISED [249K], Prepared by Paul Holland, Fiscal Analyst, January 13, 2014. This memo analyzes the Michigan Business One Stop Website. This memo is also a revision of the December 20, 2013 memo.
- Revenues and Expenditures of Divisions with the Bureau of Construction Codes [249K], prepared by Paul Holland, Fiscal Analyst, November 15, 2013. This memo analyzes the trade and occupational regulatory programs administrered by the Bureau of Construction Codes (BCC) within the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affiars (LARA). This memo is also a revision of the October 30, 2012 memo.
- Health Insurance Exchanges and Federal Funding - REVISED [138K], January 24, 2013. Prepared by Paul Holland. This memo provides a preliminary overview of the various types of Health Insurance Exchanges under the Affordable Care Act and Patient Protection Act of 2010 (ACA).
- Fiscal Focus: Unemployment Insurance in Michigan [816K], November, 2012. Prepared by Paul Holland, Fiscal Analyst. This report provides a basic overview of the unemployment insurance program as administered by the Unemployment Insurance Agency in Michigan under current law.
- Work Sharing and Short-Time Compensation as Unemployment Insurance Strategy [157K], May 10, 2012. Prepared by Paul Holland, Fiscal Analyst. This memo gives information on Work Sharing and Short-Time Compensation as Unemployment Insurance Strategy.
- Bureau of Commercial Services, Licensing Division - Analysis of Revenues & Expenditures [641K] December 14, 2011, Prepared by Paul Holland, Fiscal Analyst. This memo discusses Bureau of Commercial Services, Licensing Division - Analysis of Revenues & Expenditures. (Revised October 10, 2012)
- State Health Insurance Exchanges [81K] November 7, 2011, Prepared by Paul Holland, Fiscal Analyst. This memo discusses State Health Insurance Exchanges.