Documents on this site require Acrobat Reader. Please visit Adobe's web site to download this free plug-in.
Copies of the reports listed below may be obtained by contacting the office at 517.373.8080 or contacting Kathryn Bateson.
- Budget Poster - FY 2017 [352K], September 16, 2016. Prepared by Kyle I. Jen, Deputy Director. A diagram of the major components of Michigan's tax system and state budget. The 11 x17 poster displays how state taxes and other revenues flow through major state funds and into the state budget.
- State Budget Overview Background Briefing [354K] November, 2016. Prepared by Mary Ann Cleary, Director and Kyle I. Jen, Deputy Director. This briefing includes information on the long-term economic, revenue, and budget trends; major FY 2016-17 budget changes; and the budget outlook for future budget years.
- Revenue State Source and Distribution [281K] March 2017. Prepared by Jim Stansell, Senior Economist. This report provides information on the source and distribution of revenue for the State of Michigan, and includes final FY 2015-16 and estimated FY 2016-17 and FY 2017-18 revenue. Estimates in this report are based on revenue amounts agreed to at the January 2017 Consensus Revenue Estimating Conference.
- Appropriations: Summary and Analysis, FY 2016-17 [1.04K], July 2016. This FY 2016-17 Appropriations Summary and Analysis summarizes the enacted FY 2016-17 state budget.
- A Legislator's Guide to Michigan's Budget Process (Update) [537K] October 2014. Prepared by Mary Ann Cleary, Director and Kyle I. Jen, Deputy Director. This document explains the annual process for enacting the budget for the State of Michigan.